Fixed Equipment Mechanic "Millwright"
- Detour Lake Mine - Agnico Eagle located in northern Ontario
- May 2023
- Amount of available positions: 1
Being a "Millwright" at Dubé means ensuring the smooth running of the crushing plant with the foreman directly on site as well as the off-site mechanical planner being responsible for inspections, repairs, and preventive maintenance. It also means optimizing the plant and its components and writing parts order lists to avoid missing anything. It means meeting challenges by the ton, experiencing the excitement of a young, close-knit team and participating in a major mining project. This is your chance to bring your ideas and improve our processes, with your experience in crushing or even at the level of mining mills.
Start date: May 2023
Status: Permanent full time
Schedule: 14/14 day and night rotation
Workplace: Detour Lake Mine - Agnico Eagle located in northern Ontario
- Work with the mechanical planner and the foreman to optimize and improve the operations of the crushing plant.
- Carry out inspections several times per shift to detect problems and implement an action plan.
- Calibrate, maintain, and ensure that the plant operates at full capacity.
- Plan maintenance and repairs and preventively ensure the proper functioning of the equipment as well as the quality of the repair work.
- Organize planned stops; prepare tools, parts and fabricate required parts in advance.
- 2 years experience as “Millwright.”
- DEP in industrial mechanics – an asset.
- Good communication skills and fluency in French and English.
- Great versatility, resourcefulness, autonomy, and good team spirit.
- Salary according to experience
- Group insurance including vision care, dental, life insurance and long-term disability.
- Employee Assistance Program – EAP