- Detour Lake Mine - Agnico Eagle located in northern Ontario
- May 2023
- Amount of available positions: 1
Being a Tower Operator at Dubé means taking part in managing the crushing plant with the Foreman directly on site, including inspections, repairs, and daily reports in collaboration with the Project Manager. He will also be supported and advised by the latter and it is under his supervision that he will act. It also means meeting challenges by the ton, experiencing the excitement of a young, close-knit team and participating in a major mining project.
Start date: May 2023
Status: Permanent full time
Schedule: 14/14 day and night rotation
Workplace: Detour Lake Mine - Agnico Eagle located in northern Ontario
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the efficiency of the crushing plant by always keeping it full while ensuring health and safety, team collaboration and maintaining a pleasant working atmosphere.
- Work with the Foreman and the crushing team to optimize and improve the operations of the crushing plant.
- Carry out inspections several times per shift to validate if there are any problems and implement an action plan.
- Calibrate, maintain, and ensure that the openings on the crushers are respected.
- Participate in planned shutdowns, schedule maintenance and repairs and preventively ensure the proper functioning of the equipment as well as the quality of the repair work.
- Ensure the quality of the granular material by evaluating it and adapting the work as needed, avoiding any contamination.
- Complete time and production reports.
- 2 years' experience as a Tower Operator
- Good communication skills and fluency in French and English
- Basic computer knowledge to complete daily reports
- Great versatility, resourcefulness, autonomy, and good team spirit
- Competitive salary following experience.
- Cell phone and laptop provided.
- Group insurance including vision care, dental life insurance and long-term disability.
- Employee Assistance Program – EAP